Vote by May 8th for general members
Vote for your Arizona State University Staff Council members by May 8th. Staff Council members implement solutions to make the university a better place to work.
See below for more information on the election process from the Staff Council Bylaws:
Section 1: Candidate Eligibility for Council Members
- Candidates seeking membership to the Council must be a Classified Staff or University Staff employee.
- Candidates must complete their employment probationary period prior to their nomination or self-nomination.
Section 2: General Council Member Election Procedures
- All Council members will be elected/appointed for a term of two (2) fiscal years each April.
- An elected member of the Council may extend his/her service voluntarily, and with supervisor approval, for a second two (2) year term without standing for election (except for Executive Board positions).
- Council members must remain off the Council for a period of one (1) fiscal year after serving any portion of his/her term (up to 2 terms maximum), before running for re-election or being re-appointed. Exception to this will occur with supervisor approval for continued service on the Council (not the Executive Board) on a yearly basis.
- Voting in the election for Council members is open to all benefits-eligible staff.
More info: expectation_of_council_members.pdf
Responsibilities of the Membership & Recruitment Committee
- Identify challenges and opportunities for recruiting new members and retaining current members
- Providing general campus orientation to both new and current staff members
- Provide welcome materials to new Staff Council members
- Assist with the elections process as required for ethical voting processes and to encourage all eligible staff to vote
- Plan and oversee general recruiting efforts, including identifying and directly contacting potential SC members, and monitoring the success of each recruiting method.
Meetings are scheduled on our SC Events and Meetings Calendar. Members may attend meetings in person or by video conference. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the distribution list.